Originally posted on Jennifer Keishin Armstrong:
Note: I’m based in New York City, but I’ll be in Northern California April 19-21, Washington D.C. May 18-20, Chicago June 2-8, and Los Angeles July 7-14. Please let me know if you’d like me to visit your book club on one of my trips.
Questions to Consider:
- How does this book fit into the history of the 1970s overall?
- How does it fit into the history of Hollywood?
- What do you think it says about women on television?
- Who was your favorite “character”?
- What surprised you the most?
- How has reading this book changed the way you think of The Mary Tyler Moore Show?
- Mary Richards: Feminist or not?
- Which episodes did it make you want to watch (again, or for the first time)?
- Discuss women’s role in the workplace and in Hollywood during the 1970s. How has life changed for women since the beginning of The Mary…
View original 125 more words